When I decided to ask my friend Michael Escobar to help me put together a creative proposal for my girlfriend Ginny I had no idea what it would lead to. What was intended to be just a video memento for friends and family turned into a modern day social media phenomenon with a YouTube video that garnered more than 20 million hits (and counting) in the first 6 months. The most important thing to come out of the whole experience is that I am now blissfully married to my soulmate but it has also provided Ginny and I with an opportunity to pursue a whole new career path as “proposal consultants” and some other exciting things that are now in the works.
While we watched our YouTube video explode in popularity and we learned about the opportunities that would present themselves, we knew it was going to be important to get a solid grip on our digital and on-line presence.
- We needed a website that was both beautiful and also had the functionality to build our growing list of fans and keep them entertained and updated.
- We needed our site to reflect our personalities but also have a professional feel to impress future advertisers and other professionals.
- We needed a Facebook landing page that could also engage people and encourage them to sign up for our updates.
- We needed to get an understanding of how tweeting, Facebook and blogging today was going to really help our business tomorrow.
- Most importantly we needed someone to help us to tie all of this together. [Read more...]